We use cookies from third party services for marketing activities to offer you a better experience. Read about how we use cookies and how you can control them by clicking "Privacy Policy".

Privacy Policy

News & Media

Latest News & Videos

2024 IPPS Southern Africa - Australia Exchange

2024 IPPS Southern Africa - Australia Exchange

Congratulations Nosipho!
Nosipho has been chosen by the member delegates at the IPPS SA Annual Conference held in Stellenbosch, 28 Feb - 01 Mar 2024, to go to Australia in May 2024!

Download Nosipho's IPPS SA Conference presentation here

My name is Nosipho Ndlovu, a passionate and aspiring horticulturist with a deep love for plants and the natural world. Growing up in a small rural town in KwaZulu Natal South Africa surrounded by lush gardens and farms, I developed an early fascination with plants and their growth cycles. My was childhood was mostly spent on exploring the outdoors and planting with my grandfather in his garden, which instilled a profound respect for the environment and gave me a desire to pursue a career in horticulture. My academic career began shortly after I matriculated in 2015 and went on to Durban University of Technology to study Horticultural Science.

I am in possession of a National Diploma and an Advanced Diploma in Horticulture from the Durban University of Technology. My research was on strategies towards a micropropagation protocol for the threatened Gymnosporia woodii. I was employed as a Horticulture intern at SANBI Kirstenbosch National Botanical Gardens for 2 years, my duties included: Redevelopment of garden sections with emphasis on hard and soft landscaping elements, conservation and propagation protocols for threatened plant species, maintenance plan updates, inventories, seed collection trips with the MSB populating popular articles and interpretation of garden beds for better visitor experience. After completing my internship, I was offered a Scholarship by SANBI which allowed me to pursue a Postgraduate diploma in Conservation Horticulture at the Cape Peninsula University of Technology which I completed in 2023 with a research project focused on the Effects of cutting technique and auxins on the rooting of Diosma Haelkraalensis, an endangered species of the fynbos biome. I am currently a registered MSc candidate in Conservation science.

I have a deep determination of exploring my interests in Horticulture which include learning about the different plant propagation techniques, conservation and germination protocols, tissue culture, restoration as well as exploring various botanic gardens and institutions in my field. My ultimate goal as an aspiring horticulturist is to contribute to the advancement of sustainable Horticulture, promote biodiversity conservation, and empower communities to embrace the beauty and benefits of plants. With my passion, knowledge, and dedication, I hope to one day create a greener and more vibrant world for future generations to enjoy.